Yesterday I got a Tragus piercing in my right ear. What an adventure! Who would have thought that getting a hole punched in your ear cartlidge would be so painful? Ben and Conrad were there to encourage, laugh, and document the whole thing. Conrad has even made a flash presentation of the whole thing which I will put up later.
Here’s a list of the questions that I’ve been asked most frequently since getting it done:
- Did it hurt? Yes, yes it did.
- Did it really hurt? I wasn’t lying the first time! It really hurt.
- How much did it hurt? Like I said; it hurt! But not as much as I thought. Indications going in were that it would be a 10 out of 10 on the pain scale, but I would have rated it more as an 8. I yelled with the pain, but that’s about it. No tears! And putting the jewellery in hurt more than putting the hole in.
- Did it hurt afterwards? It throbbed a bit for a while, but not really. It’s only painful while it’s getting done. Cleaning isn’t even as painful as I thought it would be.
- Why? Why not? I reckon it’s super cool! No doubt some people won’t like it, but to each their own.
- How long before it heals? I’m not exactly sure, but indications are anything from 2 to 12 months. I’m hoping it’s more towards the 2 month (or less!) mark.
- Do you think it would be strong enough that you could thread a bigger ring though it and then hang your keys from your ear? Probably, but I have pockets for that kind of thing.
The things I do for a story!