Still Aussie? Just checking!

Having been here for a little over five months, I thought it was time to check that I’m still a true blue Aussie with a mastery of native slang. I’m proud to say I took a test and got 10 out of 10!

Posted in just kidding, websites
7 comments on “Still Aussie? Just checking!

Phew! I got 10/10 as well, still Aussie. Good find, girl!

Thank god i got 10/10 too.<br><br>There’s so many sayings over here that they just don’t get.<br><br>Simple things like lets go to the bottle-o. Over here it’s called an offy (as in off-license).<br><br>While I’m ashamed of my uneducated sounding accent I’m proud of my slang.

3. Michelle says:

Yep. I’m still 100% true blue too :)

4. Smel says:

Aussie Aussie Aussie, oi oi…? I got 9/10 on the Aussie one and 10/10 on the British one!! Either I’ve been away from Oz for too long, or been in the UK too long. (I’m pretty sure it’s both.)

5. Kristy says:

Uh oh! Get on the first flight home! :-) Or maybe you could just retake the test to make yourself feel better. Which one did you miss?

6. Mel says:

The blitzer (?) one. Guessed it was a sandwich; alas it is some dog!

Ahhh, a "bitzer"… as in "bitzer (bits of) this, bitzer that"…

• Julian: Challenging pitch, provocative play – that match had it all. Incidentally, the stance I’m holding in the first picture is also the one I use for golf.
  • Tim: Just to let you know I’ve done exactly the same thing. Let’s just say the gentleman behind me nearly died as the shot rung out! Glad I’m not the only one!!
  • Janet: Good luck, my Epson WP4530 is 18 months old and is giving me a paper jam error message. The paper isn’t out and there is no paper jam. I have spent 3 hours inspecting, cleaning and...

Kristy