Still Aussie? Just checking!

Having been here for a little over five months, I thought it was time to check that I’m still a true blue Aussie with a mastery of native slang. I’m proud to say I took a test and got 10 out of 10!

Posted in just kidding, websites
7 comments on “Still Aussie? Just checking!

Phew! I got 10/10 as well, still Aussie. Good find, girl!

Thank god i got 10/10 too.<br><br>There’s so many sayings over here that they just don’t get.<br><br>Simple things like lets go to the bottle-o. Over here it’s called an offy (as in off-license).<br><br>While I’m ashamed of my uneducated sounding accent I’m proud of my slang.

3. Michelle says:

Yep. I’m still 100% true blue too :)

4. Smel says:

Aussie Aussie Aussie, oi oi…? I got 9/10 on the Aussie one and 10/10 on the British one!! Either I’ve been away from Oz for too long, or been in the UK too long. (I’m pretty sure it’s both.)

5. Kristy says:

Uh oh! Get on the first flight home! :-) Or maybe you could just retake the test to make yourself feel better. Which one did you miss?

6. Mel says:

The blitzer (?) one. Guessed it was a sandwich; alas it is some dog!

Ahhh, a "bitzer"… as in "bitzer (bits of) this, bitzer that"…

• gerrod: No sorry – they were at Bunnings at Stafford (Brisbane), from memory!
  • Ben: Are those photo taken at the Hervey bay Bunnings warehouse.
  • Ben: Fingers and Toes
  • Stacey: Ooh good luck with your new bedtime friend!! Looking forward to hearing how much more awesome you feel in two weeks!! Fingers crossed for you.
  • Nick: Sorry to hear about that dude but I’m sure it’s much better to know. You’ll probably also feel amazing when you get real deep sleep again!

Inside the carriage

Ted and Michelle

Opera house looking back at Circular Quay

Beautiful tree. Aubain would marry this tree if (a) he wasn't already married, and (b) marrying trees was legal.