More gadgets!

Headset

Since we use Skype as our phone service (instead of having a landline), we (by which I mean “I”) decided we (“I”) should invest in a headset/microphone combination. I figured that the coolest PC accessories are made by Logitech, so their Premium USB Headset 350 was a clear winner. Added bonus – they make me look like a commander from Star Trek!

After some shopping around, I found the best price was a Buy.com – coming in at only $32.98, they were about $17 cheaper than RRP. And, since I’ve already bought a heap of stuff from them, they send me vouchers all the time – so there’s another 10% off. And then today when I got them, I found a voucher for about $5 worth of credit on Skype! So the overall cost was only about $24.

Of course I had to try them as soon as possible, so Sista Suz was lucky enough to receive the first call. Reports from Australia are that the microphone is “very clear”. The cushy earpads are also very comfy on the ears, and they have a handy volume/mute switch on the cord. At $24 I reckon these are a top buy – gerrod.com rating: 9.5/10. Logitech gear rocks – I think I’m going to buy some shares in that company (if they’re listed)!

Posted in gadgets, new stuff, reviews
12 comments on “More gadgets!

I’m still waiting for my first phone call :(<br><br>I mean sure our timezones don’t make it easy but I’m sure there’s a switch on those new fandangled thing-a-me-jigs that can cancel that out.

2. Jo says:

You are so nerd….. :D Don’t tell Scott, or he’ll want one too!

3. Scott says:

Too late! :)<br><br>Scott

Well Scott – if you really need one, just let me know… it’s much cheaper to buy them over here and post them back to Australia rather than buying it locally! (As far as I can tell, anyway.)

He he. Nice toy, oops, I mean nice headset.

6. Suz says:

Yay, I didn’t realise I was "the first". Very fancy indeed-mine aren’t that fancy, but seem to do the job (did you think?)<br><br>You forgot to mention how the voice ends up inside the middle of your head (a-la Being John Malkovich).

I thought I did tell you! Oh well. Yes, your mic was also very clear… Logitech?<br><br>Pat – sounds like you need a pair, too? :-)

8. MCD says:

Looks cool Gerry! We, I mean I bought a Plantronics headset a while ago and it doesn’t look anywhere near as good as your headset. It makes me look like somebody from AAMI.

9. kristy says:

Lucky-eee-eee! You’re with AAMI! Gotta love Australian ads where the jingle doesn’t change in 15 years.<br><br>I suppose the nearest equivalent here would be Allstate where President Palmer from 24 reassures us that he’s always here for us. Thanks Pres!<br><br>Or perhaps State Farm where when your wife runs over your feet you needn’t worry about which insurance policy to claim it under since they’re all with the one company. If I did that to Gerrod, insurance policies would be the last thing on his mind!

He he. Perhaps I could use one when I get the UK. But for now, I’m happy to be getting rid of stuff.

11. Scott says:

I got one! I got one! I got one too! Yay! It has been ‘dispatched’ i.e. posted so should receive it early next week.<br><br>And the same make/model as well – <br><a href="http://www.digitalyes.com.au/prodView.asp?idproduct=19827" target="_blank">my new headset</a><br><br>You are my inspiration. The wind beneath my wings.

12. Allie says:

Sorry mate, but I think you look more like a girl than a commander from Star Trek in this pic! Oops.