Welcome, testers!

Yes, it’s time for the bi-annual changing of the gerrod.com site*. Changes this time include:

• Upgraded from ASP.NET v1.1 –> v2.0
  • Lots of new features powered by Javascript (try rolling over a name on the “Recent Comments” list, or check out the photo albums)
  • Commenting now enabled for photos
  • Much more flexible tagging structure
  • Reader profiles (more on that later)
  • Fixed the bug whereby pressing ENTER after a search resulted in a blank page
  • A fresh new skin (still under development, i.e. more changes to come)

Unfortunately though, things seem to have somehow been mashed in the upload process. Files somehow magically changed their names during the transfer. I’m not sure what went wrong there, but things that should have worked off-the-bat, simply didn’t. I think I’ve fixed most things, but please let me know if you find something that doesn’t work as you think it should.

Oh – but as always – if it’s simply that things don’t “look right”, try hitting Ctrl+F5. I always have problems with browser caching.

* Not a real event

Posted in site updates
10 comments on “Welcome, testers!

Nice work dude.

2. Cam says:

Nice design!

3. michelle says:

more grass theme! looks great.

4. Nice job. That’s not comic san you’ve used on your header. If so, check out http://www.bancomicsans.com

5. Karl says:

I like it… a lot! :) I’m glad I don’t have a blog as it would be tough to compete with you guys…

6. Karl says:

Oh and you can blame your upload issues on FileZilla. We had a similar experience at work, uploading files to our Web server. It seems that if you don’t use multiple connections to transfer the files, it works fine.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Susan – nope, it’s not comic sans, it’s some other font. The header is one thing that still needs to change – I like the photo, but hate the font!

Karl – thanks for the tip! Very late in the process I had a sneaking suspicion that FileZilla may be the culprit. I’m glad that it’s fixable though, as generally I find that it’s a really awesome FTP client.

8. Kellie says:

Site looks great. I remember that photo being taken!

Swish! Nice update.

10. kofi annan says:

your clock is jet-lagged! +1hr!