The sudden hang up

Have you ever noticed that on American television shows (dramatic soap operas in particular) that people hang up the telephone without saying “goodbye”? We used to ridicule those shows, saying “as if people do that!”

But now… it’s begun.

K: I’ll meet you at home in fifteen minutes, ok?
G: Ok.
Sudden hang up.

In the course of writing this article, Gerrod has done it twice. I wonder if he even noticed?

Posted in everyday life
6 comments on “The sudden hang up

Turn it up! I so did not!

Whatever!

2. Dr Evil says:

New from the makers of “Dharma and Greg” comes “Gerrod and Kristy”!

3. Cam says:

“OkBye” Click. – You’re a fully fledged New Yorker!

4. Meghan says:

Funny you mention this as I used to tease Cam about his long, drawn out exits from our conversations. And as you can tell, he thougt my “OKbye”s were slightly impolite 😛

5. kj says:

Yes! When you talk to an Aussie, it goes something like this:
    (commence wind-up) It’s been great talking to you. We should try to catch up soon. Maybe next weekend? What’s that? You’ve got plans? Ok, well definitely sometime soon.

(continue wind-up) I hope you have a good night, and, yeah, good luck with building that extension at your place! Let me know if you need some help, we could make it a bit of a working bee! Ok, then. Ok, I’ll talk to you later.

(finally conclude wind-up) Say hi to your Mum for me. Bye.

And that’s just one end of the conversation!

6. Cath says:

KJ, your comment is so funny. How true is that! The wind up to hang up is a must in Aussie culture!

• amikhanAK: Dude… I don’t think your marshmallow tree trunk is long enough 😛
  • Ben: What a wonderful two week adventure.
  • joe: Bonjour Pouvez vous me donner votre mail pour vous expliquer ? Merci pour votre reponse . Joe,
  • gerrod: Les photos sont dans le domaine public , mais je préfère savoir ce que ils sont utilisés pour.
  • jo: Bonjour , les photos de cette articles sont elle libre de droit ? Merci J.

Awww!

Miami beach on a clear day

Jenny