Rules for this 8 interesting things post:
- Each player must post these rules to begin the meme.
- Each player starts with eight random facts or habits about themselves.
- People who get tagged must blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
- I always cut my fingernails too short. Generally I blame this on playing guitar, as it’s especially apparent on my left hand more so than my right. But long fingernails really annoy me, especially while typing!
- I love buying jeans. I currently have four pairs, down from five after some old faithfuls recently ripped in a most unbecoming place. I’d happily wear jeans every day if I could!
- I recently started a new job, working for a Hedge Fund in Victoria. The work is interesting, but the hours are long. Still, the commute is only half-an-hour, less than half the time it took me to get to the last place I worked.
- When I was in high school, I used to write little computer games during IPT classes. My teachers didn’t care because they knew I was better at programming than they were, and they often exploited this by asking me to fix their bugs for them.
- I fidget constantly while I’m sitting down. Usually it’s in the form of me tapping my feet or legs really quickly. When I started my new job, Nick (who sits next to me) found it rather irritating because I tap my legs so quickly it makes his monitors shake. I don’t know why this is but I’d like to think it comes from a high metabolism.
- If money/skill wasn’t an issue, I’d love to be a dog trainer. Truth be told, I’d love to just work in a job where I got to have a roofy as my sidekick!
- I absolutely love to travel. I’d love to have a job where I get to fly around the world in Business (or First!) class, though I don’t know where roofy would sit. That said, I’m always extremely nervous going to a country which doesn’t have English as it’s first language, as I’m always scared that I’m not going to be understood. I blame this fear on my dodgy trip to Colombia when I was working for CAT.
- When I was in grade nine (i.e. 14 years old), I had to have two weeks off school because I got Glandular Fever. They call it the kissing disease, but that sure wasn’t the cause for me!
Phew! These things are really hard! Well, I find them so anyway. And soon, John, Kirsty, Stacey, Pat, Jason, Dr Evil and Nathan will know my pain, as I’m tagging them for an entry in the spirit of passing these things on. I’d also like to see an entry from Karl, but since he’s blogless, perhaps he could just write it as a comment here instead.