Gunnersbury Park

Julian and Shelley came to stay this weekend, so along with Stacey, we had one crowded fun house! The weather has (unsurprisingly) been a little overcast for both days, so yesterday the girls made cupcakes, and we all watched movies (both Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix).

Deciding that we needed some outdoor time, we chanced the weather today and went to explore Gunnersbury Park, which is about a 10 minute walk from our place. Turns out, the park is absolutely beautiful! One great thing about the weather always being overcast, frequent rain, and a not-so-intense sun (when it does decide to appear), is that parks here are really green.

Julian and Stacey playing FrisbeeShelley throwing to Gerrod

We took advantage of the outdoor time to play some frisbee (which you may remember we’re experts at). We even managed to pick up a very excitable extra player at one point!

Ruffy!

After our arms were tired out from frisbee, we took a walk around other parts of the park. Turns out there’s some old house there (I didn’t really understand why, nor did I care); as well as a golf course, a lake, and even some mock gothic ruins! Not to mention all the beautiful trees – we even found one that was twisted and deformed, to the point where it looked like Gonzo sticking out his tongue!

Gonzo tree

(Ok, you need to use your imagination a little bit, but hopefully you can see it.) My only complaint about the park – I wish it was closer to our house!

Posted in healthy living, uk
9 comments on “Gunnersbury Park
  1. KJ says:

That’s not Gonzo’s tongue, it’s his crooked nose!

2. Shelley says:

Agreed K. Shelley… Nice throw.

Are you sure it’s gonzo and not a creature out of Harry Potter?

4. Michelle says:

aaaw beautiful doggy :) nice pics as always!

5. Stac says:

Um, I didn’t see a golf course!?

6. Kirstin says:

Hah! I always knew G made this stuff up to make the stories sound better!

With a golf course? Wow, I really know how to embellish my stories! But anyway, check the map for yourself; there really is a golf course there.

8. Shelley says:

Sorry Stac, he’s right. There were little flags sticking out of the ground, but mostly behind a fenced area. And Ben, I appreciate the harry potter character suggestion, but have you really forgotten our unappreciated muppets character?

Good call with the gonzo character. I do think it looks a bit more like his nose in this picture. Awesome shots too!

1 Pings/Trackbacks for "Gunnersbury Park"
  1. [...] and I went and checked out Gunnersbury Park, which we’ve been to before and loved. Now that it’s Autumn (or do they call it “Fall” here?), all the leaves [...]