The 30 club

As many of you know, last weekend I joined the 30 club. Being in London, we celebrated this momentous occasion in true English fashion – by spending the day at the pub.

We started fairly quietly, with about 10 – 12 people for lunch around 1 PM (I had the fish and chips, which is always good there). More and more people started showing up, more and more beers kept getting thrust into my hands, and before I knew it, it was 10 PM!

At the pub

In the end, we had about 25 people come along to celebrate. There were a few surprises during the day, such as a big teddy-bear cake that Nick and Suzie snuck out to get for me, and the old man who bought me a beer in exchange for sitting at one of our tables. The biggest surprise of all was my present from the folks at work – I certainly hadn’t expected anything from them (I was just happy that so many came out for a beer or two with me), but they turned up with a new pair of oakleys! Sweet!

Teddy gets it between the eyes!

The pub closed at 11:30 PM, which is precisely the time that we left. Even thought the day seemed to fly by, ten-and-a-half hours is a long time to be at a pub! It was extremely exhausting, but such an excellent day. A huge thanks to everyone that came along, and for all the very generous presents!

Check out the photos from the day, taken by Kristy and Shannon (I think!)

Posted in birthdays
6 comments on “The 30 club
  1. Squirrel says:

It looks like you had a great day/night. And that cake looks surprisingly delicious.

Sorry I missed it! Sounds like you had a great time anyway though. What a marathon pub session.

Man I need to come back over… I don’t recognize half of those people.

Glad you had a great day!

4. Cath says:

Happy Birthday Gerrod!!

5. Jo says:

Happy birthday Gerrod! You young thing, you :)

6. Stac says:

Any cake left for me?

1 Pings/Trackbacks for "The 30 club"
  1. gerrod.com says:

[…] London” party at our favourite pub, The Jolly Gardeners (the same place we held my 30th birthday). We turned up a little early to enjoy one last Sunday roast for lunch – their meals have […]