Dusseldorf is covered in a blanket of snow, and the whole airport is closed!
Kristy and I lugged our bags out to the airport, stood in line for two hours, then got rebooked on the 7 A.M. flight tomorrow morning. But, if the snow keeps falling like it has been for the last 8 (or more) hours, then I don’t like our chances… Even getting back to John’s house from the airport was a mission – the roads are closed now, too!
Worst of all, we have travel insurance, but their cover for this type of situation is absolute sh*t! We get €25 each, for every 12 hours that we’re delayed – so in total, we should get €50. That will really help us pay for the €99 extra accommodation charges we’ve incurred, not to mention the extra meals we have to buy, as well as the transportation costs to and from the airport. It’s just so frustrating!