I’ve been rather neglectful of the blog since my PC has been away, but the good news is that it’s back now – yay! It turns out that the motherboard was dead (which was my suspicion all along). And so, with any luck, updates will be more frequent again from now on; but here’s a casual handful of things that should catch you up on the last few weeks:
- More flat tires: My run of poor luck with flat tires on my bicycle hit a peak at the beginning of April, when I suffered a flat going in, and then another one coming home. I took the wheel back to Goldcross and told them that something had to be done, so they sold me a pair of Continental Grand Prix 4000 S tires at a very heavy discount (though I notice Wiggle is still slightly cheaper). With all the rain we’ve been having, I’ve only had three rides on them, but so far so good!
- Mel and Ben: Ian and Un hosted a phenomenal dinner in honour of Mel and Ben, so we could finally hand over their long overdue wedding gift. All I can say is: Un is an amazing cook. Amazing.
- Coffee: Oscar has learnt to tamp coffee – a trick which he can now do without even looking.
- PS3: I finished Bioshock and Bioshock 2, both of which were borrowed from Shane many months ago. They’re awesome – I particularly liked Bioshock 2!
- Drinks with the boys: Ben, Rob, Piet and I hit the valley for drinks after work on Friday, including a sensational meal at The Valley Corner Chinese Restaurant. The crispy skin chicken is highly recommend.
- Soccer lessons: Oscar and his little friend Lily scored some free passes to tryout soccer lessons. The consensus was that they’re both a little bit too young still, but it’s pretty clear that Oscar was made to be a soccer superstar.